Who are our Members?
PCYC Members come together over the love of boating and other water activities. Our membership is diverse, including singles and families, people of all ages and from all walks of life. Our Members are both land and water based, both power and sail enthusiasts, and it doesn’t matter if you’re new to boating or an ‘old hand’. You don’t have to be a full-time resident of Grenada, you can simply join and support the Club and come out and enjoy the activities while you’re here. And even though we are a Yacht Club, there’s no need for Members to have their own vessel!
Here are just some of the benefits associated with being a member of the PCYC:
- Participate in a variety of water activities.
- Develop your boating skills.
- Open to power and sail enthusiasts.
- Singles, families and all ages welcome.
- Doesn’t matter if you’re new to sailing or an ‘old hand’.
- No vessel required.
- Fun social events for members and friends.
- No need to be a full-time Grenada resident.
- A place to share social and boating-related experiences while enjoying the breeze and beautiful Caribbean sights.
How to Become a Member
Membership fees for 2024 are:
- Family Membership – $275EC.
- Single Adult Membership – $150EC.
In addition, our Yacht Club Burgee and Club Tee-shirts are available for purchase at an additional nominal fee.
Membership is payable the 1st of January each year.
All new members who wish to use the Hobies must attend a free orientation to prove they know how to use them. If they can not, they must attend an adult sailing lesson.
A combination lock will be placed on the shed and password will be given out to all members who wish to sail the Hobies – the shed must stay locked at all times.
- Please be sure to sign-in on the clipboard before heading out. Doing so not only helps us monitor usage, but in case of emergency, we know who we’re looking for!
- Lifejackets are made available for your use. And they are mandatory for anyone under 18. Please rinse them and hang them back up when you’re finished sailing.
- Max 3 people per Hobie.
- When you are done sailing, please tie the Hobie off after you have pulled it up past the high water mark. Lower, roll-up and place the sail back in the sail locker.
- The sailing grounds are in the immediate Le Phare Bleu bay. Do not sail past the markers at the bay’s entrance and do not attempt to take the Hobies to neighboring bays.
- All Hobies must be in by Sunset
- No Sculling!!
- Only two Hobies to be used at any given time
- Minimum age to take Hobie out is 18. (This does not apply to PCYC organised events and Junior Sailing Programme). Also, there must be at least one person who is knowledgeable and capable of righting a capsized vessel. If you are unsure how or want some instruction, contact PCYC and we can arrange instruction. This is obviously important to your safety and will help prevent damage to our limited fleet.
- Lasers are NOT available to use.
- Finally, please report any damage you see to PCYC (via this email address), so that the issue can be addressed and we can keep the boats sailing.
We’re glad to have you aboard and hope you enjoy being a member of this little club. As a 100% volunteer group, we appreciate your help in keeping our members and boats safe and welcome any involvement you would like to offer.